Happy New Year!! Can you believe it’s 2015 already? Time really flies when you’re adapting to a new way of life. Now I’ve lived in India for a year, it’s time to concentrate on building my life there. The culture shocks have faded and India feels like home, they say the first year is always the hardest and I survived. I have gone beyond surviving, now it’s time for some thriving!!
I usually have several new year’s resolutions which revolve around adopting a healthier lifestyle, this year is different. I have set some 2015 goals and now I am sharing them with the internet, I won’t be able to forget them!
My 2015 goals:
- Our own home. I came to India with the intention of living in a joint household until the end of time, but in reality it was much harder than I ever expected. Sadly, it turns out that to be happy, we need our own home (expect a detailed post regarding this shortly).
- Complete the first draft of my novel. It’s really getting there and I am so excited about my novel/memoir.
- Devote more of my time to charity work. I have been involved in some volunteer work this past year (reading for audiobooks for the blind), but I want to do more!
- Travel around India. Let me tell you something that may shock you, I have lived in India for twelve months and never left the state of Maharashtra! India is so huge, diverse and spectacular it takes a lifetime to devour so I better get started. This year I hope to be able to see the Taj Mahal (well, I did see the poor man’s version in Aurangabad back in February) and experience God’s own country, the state of Kerala in the South.
- Speak Hindi. I hope to be able to speak enough Hindi by the end of 2015 to stop people saying really hurtful things like “well, Katrina Kaif can speak Hindi, what’s your excuse?” (to those who don’t Bollywood, Katrina Kaif is a British Indian actress).
What are your 2015 goals?